Florida Black Hole Project

Dumbing down the Internet for our own personal Amusement

 
In The News
.
Work Safe
NSFW
Today In History
Quote Of The Day
The Return of Old Skool
Saturday, March 24, 2007


I have to admit that at times I feel I have more in common with the bones of a dinosaur than I really should. I don't remember at what point I stopped liking music on the radio
( With the exception of 101.5 the point) and stayed firmly planted in 1995 but for some reason I really do not have the stomach for current music. I take that back current music on the radio. But I digress, two of my favorite bands growing up were Dangerous Toys and Possessed. Granted they are like day and night one representing the hair/hard rock genre and the other representing the heavy death Metal of the spectrum Satan included. I recently dug these up these two favorites from the crypt ( Actually a box of old cassettes and records I have tucked away in the dark corners of the house) and decided to find out what said bands were up to. And much to my surprise they are still active.
Now granted I realize that the days of huge Arena Rock tours are long gone and the days of seeing bands like Possessed, Slayer, Venom and Celtic Frost all on one bill are never going to happen ( Only Slayer and Venom have toured on the same bill and that was for the Ulitmate Revenge Combat Tour) but every so often..... well more like every day for me I tend to time travel for a while when I pop in an old cassette or try to listen to a record on my old record player. Granted now everything is pretty much on people's Ipods or Zune's ( does anyone actually own one of those?) Anyway I am sure by the time that I am 60 years old I will have some sort of music device that beams the crap directly into my head and I am pretty sure that I won't be listening to anything even remotely current. It will be some of the bands I just mentioned and many other dating back to the golden age of the late 70's the 80's and early 90's. To which my grandkids will say damn grandpa your a dinosaur and that music was on records whats a record???

Someone please pass the geritol please.
posted by Wired Wizard @ 12:39 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us"

Name: Wired Wizard
Home: Lakeland, Florida, United States
About Me: Do you realy want to know anything else about after reading this site?
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Florida Black Hole Project Template by Isnaini Dot Com