Florida Black Hole Project

Dumbing down the Internet for our own personal Amusement

 
In The News
.
Work Safe
NSFW
Today In History
Quote Of The Day
The Power Of The Penguin???
Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Like the vast majority of PC users I use a windows Product. Windows XP Pro actually. Not that I am some crazed Microsoft fan boy or anything but back when I first started using computers way back in the day everything was DOS.
So that is what I learned on and gradually upgraded to successive upgrades and version etc etc etc etc. But with the release of Windows Vista I started thinking why the hell am I going to shell out more money for another operating system when the one I have works fine. Sure all the bells and whistles are nice but dammit man I just can't keep the perpetual upgrade cycle going on forever. Not to mention every time the boys over at Microsoft decide to shove another OS down our throats it comes with a bigger price tag that the initial purchase of the program due to the minimum requirements for the OS. We are talking hard drive upgrades more ram and of course larger faster processors. I personally will stay away from Vista for a long time to come for various reasons including but not limited to the price point.

Rewind a few years back to when I was in college, one of the course I had to take was a unix/linux class. I rather enjoyed the interface and the stability of Linux but soon realized that I couldn't use it effectively for some of the other things that I did. Not to mention I was just to lazy to do the research to find work arounds for using windows based programs on linux.

Fast forward to Last night 3/6/07 I was reading up on linux because I found that it could be installed on to a PS3 and figured it was time to give the OS another shot. So far it is what I remembered Linux being but with a few surprises as well. As of right now I have converted my once Microsoft only machine into a hybrid Microsoft/Linux box ( Linux Fedora if your wondering) As a matter of fact this post is being done on said linux Distro. Lets see if I can use strictly Linux for a month minimum or if I will run back kicking and screaming to the safe haven that is Windows XP.

I wish that CTRL ALT DELETE would work on President Bush and his cronies
posted by Wired Wizard @ 3:20 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us"

Name: Wired Wizard
Home: Lakeland, Florida, United States
About Me: Do you realy want to know anything else about after reading this site?
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Florida Black Hole Project Template by Isnaini Dot Com